How We’re Different
The Green House Cottages of Southern Hills standout from Traditional Nursing Homes in Rison Arkansas.
- Every resident is respectfully addressed as an elder.
- Each elder’s quality of life comes first and includes the right to privacy, dignity, autonomy, and emotional wellbeing.
- Families with loved ones at Souther Hills are consistently satisfied with how their aging loved ones live and the care they receive.
- Elders in the Green House Cottages experience lower depression rates compared to institutional settings.
- Elders in Green House Cottages have more autonomy.
- Souther Hills strives to connect and interact with the local Community.
- Every elder’s likes, dislikes, wants, and desires are heard and acted on.
- Elders at Southern Hills have free access to the outdoors.
- Elders choose when to wake up and when, and what to eat.
- Elders are free to choose their own made to order meals.
- Elders can choose to eat in a family-style setting or alone on their schedule.
- Elders have the freedom to participate in kitchen activities, including cooking if they wish.
Feels like Home
- No medical signposts, alarms, buzzers, med carts, loudspeakers, or restraints at Southern Hills.
- Each Green House Cottage features the same modern technology found at home keeping elders connected with friends and family at all times.
- Holidays and special events feel like they do at home. Christmas is Christmas. Birthdays are birthdays.
- Families are welcome to visit often and stay longer.
- Kids and grandkids are encouraged to visit Southern Hills.
- Elders do not have set schedules. The environment allows for a rhythmic, comfortable, natural living flow just as one would have at home.
- Every elder has unrestricted access to the kitchen, laundry, and common areas.
Experienced and Trained Staff
- Every staff member undergoes a minimum of 120 hours of extra training in elder care.
- Southern Hills staff members are more satisfied with their jobs compared to traditional nursing homes and more likely to stay longer in their role.
- Staff members receive continuous education and ongoing training development as their career advances.
Better Outcomes for Therapy and Rehabilitation
- The Green House Cottages of Southern Hills offer specialized care in areas such as orthopedics, cardiopulmonary, and sepsis.
- Therapy ratio is 1:1.
- The Green House Cottage care has consistent readmission rates of less than 1%, compared to traditional institutional settings of 18% and higher.
- The average length of stay for short-term rehab at Southern Hills is around 19 days compared to 28 days in traditional settings.
- Green House Cottages have lower infection rates compared to traditional homes because of the low number of residents.
- The Green House Cottages of Southern Hills offer customized rehab programs with a holistic approach to care for every elder both short and long term.